The Federal Government on Sunday released more names of people who have allegedly looted the nation’s treasury.
The Federal Government said the list of alleged looters which was released earlier was based on verifiable facts, including the amount involved, the date the amount in question was collected and from where it was taken.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed released the list in a statement made available to Channels Television. He said those complaining that the initial list was too short did not understand that it was strategically released as a teaser.
He referred to his earlier statement that the list was just ‘a tip of the iceberg’ and slammed the PDP for challenging the Federal Government to name the looters.
”At the press conference where the list was released, I did say it was a tip of the iceberg. Apparently, this does not mean anything to people whose style is to comment on issues they barely understand, or just to shoot down anything coming from the government.
“The Federal Government has a large number of alleged looters on its list. What was the PDP expecting when it challenged the FG to name the looters of the public treasury under the party’s watch? Did the PDP actually believe that the massive looting under its watch was a joke?, he queried.
This second list of alleged looters released by the Federal Government contains 24 names of alleged looters.
Alhaji Mohammed said the Federal Government will neither be intimidated nor blackmailed into silence, adding that it will also not rest until all those who looted the public treasury have been brought to justice.
See the second list of alleged looters released by the Federal Government below…
- Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5million British Pounds was allegedly embezzled through his office.
- Former Petroleum Resources Minister Dieziani Alison-Madukwe: In one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled.
- Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property
- Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29million recovered by the EFCC so far.
- Alex Badeh, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already.
- Inde Dikko, former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.
- Rtd Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered.
- Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
- Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
- Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA
- Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion.
- Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered.
- Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion
- Aliyu Usman, Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million
- Ahmad Idris, Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion
- Rasheed Ladoja, Former Oyo Governor: N500 million
- Tom Ikimi: N300 million
- Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million
- Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million
- Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion
- Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion
- Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million
- Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion
- Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion
The Federal Government had on Friday released names of six persons alleged to have looted the nation’s treasury. The list contained names of PDP Chairman, Uche Secondus who is alleged to have taken N200 million only from the office of the NSA.
The first list of alleged looters had generated reactions from many of those named, including Secondus who demanded an apology and the sum of N1.5billion as compensation. A former National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr Olisa Metuh whose name was also on the first list had accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) led Federal Government of intimidating him.